FLAT N FAST 100 - Saturday 3rd June 2017
All documents are available from this link:
(Just 5 minutes off the M18 Jct 6)
6.30 AM – Parking Opens
6.45 AM – Registration Opens
7.30 AM – Riders Using Time Trial Bikes set off first due to safety reasons
7.40 AM – 100 Mile Riders Start
8.30 AM – 100 Km Riders Start
The ‘Flat n Fast 100’ is the perfect beginning to our 100 series. The course lends itself to both new riders trying to achieve a personal best in distance and the more experienced riders can achieve a personal best 100 mile time. Could be considered a great time trial course? We do allow Time Trial bikes, aero bars etc, in fact we do allow all bikes types as agreed by our insurer.
The other thing we like to do is feed you well. At registration we give you a large flapjack from ‘Dorset Flapjacks’ (480 cal approx!) and a pack of Haribo. Once you get to the first feed station, there’s a packed lunch, a selection of teas or coffee and plenty of SIS electrolyte. If you’re on the 100 mile route the second feed station has teas and coffee, cake, fruit more Haribo and SIS, so you should be able to stay the distance!
The start HQ has plenty of car parking space, changing and shower facilities and will feature some good local cycling stands for you to browse over as well as refreshments by the Coffee Stop.
Whichever route you choose, the choice doesn’t need to be made until the split point of the ride. We use a timing system with checkpoints so that if you started with intention of doing the 100km and you’re feeling strong, you can still decide to do the 100 miler if you wish and vice versa, we like a relaxed atmosphere for this. As all of our events do, this event shares the first part of the course for both routes but Flat n Fast finishes on the same last section too, so we will have a great atmosphere.
There will be free photos to download from Adie’s Photography, a top local cycling photographer.
We hope that after you’ve tried the Flat n Fast 100 you’ll be hooked on our value for money sportives where a great day out on the bike is all that matters.
Thank you to all the riders who have given us some great feedback on the 2016 Flat n Fast.
We’ve included just a small selection here but you can read all of the reviews at
- My first sportive and what a fabulous introduction. I now officially have the bug! Can’t wait for the next one.
- Fantastic day, race packs and communication excellent prior to the event. All the staff friendly and helpful. Feed stations had everything required. Well worth the money and already signed up for the next two. Well done to Matt and his team.
- My first 100 mile cycle ride, I would highly recommend this event to 100 virgins. The direction signs were fantastic which meant I could enjoy the ride without worrying about taking a wrong turning. No queues for the women’s toilets, what a bonus!
- Really enjoyed the sportive. Great atmosphere as always with Sportive HQ. Excellent value. Pleased the chip timing cards were upgraded. Thanks for another great day out.
- Was so well set up and easy to register once you got there. The feed stops on route were excellent and much needed.The mechanic at the 2nd food stop was brilliant, very knowledgeable and helpful. The route was really well signposted and passed through some lovely villages and countryside. The cost of this event suited my pocket, very reasonable. I absolutely loved it and would definitely do this again, and would consider other run by the same people.
- My first sportive, my first 100 miles, thoroughly enjoyed the day, well organised and well signed.
- Great event, everything from registering to riding was straightforward & well organised, and fantastic value for money!
- Best sportive I’ve ever done. Great day out. Nice price, great value.
- Fantastic event, very well run, will definitely do again.
- The whole experience was fantastic, from the day we entered up until we got in the car homeward bound, whether you’re a nervous beginner or experienced rider the whole day was first class.
The 100 Mile Route
We deliver this course with a little ‘speed bump’ in the middle to keep you on your toes! There are two feed stations on the course. The first feed station providing sandwiches, crisps, fruit, cake and tea or coffee as well as the usual SIS top ups. the second feed station has cake, more Haribo, bananas, tea or coffee and more SIS.
It’s a great course to achieve your personal best at this distance, we hope to see some sub 5 hour times, will it be you?
The 100 KM Route
The 100km route has one feed station at the half way point, shared with the 100 mile route providing sandwiches, crisps, fruit, cake, tea or coffee and SIS top ups.